Friday, June 12, 2009

Tarragon Salad




Summer is finally here full force and when it gets this hot out two of the things that I always crave are grapefruit and avocado. I finally got inspired to try putting them together and let me tell you, it was magical! This is officially my summer salad! I added thin slices of avocado and slices of grapefruit over a bed of organic baby greens with the most amazing tarragon vinaigrette!

I found this recipe for the life changing vinaigrette over at Green Colander

1/4 cup white wine vinegar

3/4 cup olive oil (I'm hooked on Safeway's O Organic brand)

1 large clove garlic, minced

generous grind of fresh black pepper

1 tsp sea salt

1 heaping Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon

1 tsp chopped fresh chives

Whisk together ingredients and you're set!


Really... if you're not already slicing your avocados... get to it! You will fall in love! I guarantee!

No comments: