Sunday, March 15, 2009

Penuche Frosting


Cook Book, originally uploaded by appleschloss.

Ever since I was little I have been addicted to Penuche frosting. I would save the left over frosting until it hardend and it would taste almost like maple sugar candy but I guess it would be more like brown sugar candy. Either way... it's amazing... and life altering... and you must try it!



A sea of Penuche

The wonderful recipe is from the Better Homes and Gardens cook book from 1976 (passed on from my Dad)

Melt 1/2 cup butter; add one cup brown sugar. Bring to boiling; cook and stir for one minute or till slightly thick. Cool 15 minutes.

Add 1/4 cup hot milk and beat smooth. Beat in enough of 3 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar for spreading consistency. Frosts two 8 or 9 inch layers or a 9 x 13 sheet cake.



Yum

As usual this cake went very quick. My dad thought it might be a good idea to cut him one of the last slices this morning, all for the sake of the photo shoot, of course.

I'll have some!

Oh and for those of you wondering how to pronounce Penuche you can learn how at http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/penuche and listen to an audio clip. This will help you to not spend 21 years of your life mispronouncing it like someone I know... *cough*

No comments: