Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Goodness

When I was attempting to make an un-sweet birthday cake I ended up finding an amazing recipe for chocolate peanut butter bars. I've already sampled them a bit so I can attest to their wonderfulness. They still were pretty sweet.... but really.... whats up with hating sweets anyways?!



(On my favorite desert plates from William Sonoma with my cute little noritaki tea cup I picked up at the estate sale this morning in the background!)

If you're a fan of Chocolate and Peanut Butter (and who's not?!) you absolutely must try these!

Ingredients:

1 cup graham cracker crumbs

1/2 cup butter, melted

2 cups powdered sugar

2/3 cup peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup chocolate chips, melted (6 oz.)


Directions:

Combine everything but the chocolate chips, and press in a greased 8x8" pan.

Spread melted chocolate chips over top with a spatula, covering entire surface. Chill 2 hours.

I added some crushed peanut butter oreos on top of the chocolate before chilling, I also cut back on the powder sugar a bit (trying to make it less sweet!). I must say this was the simplisest most delicious recipe I've made in a long time.

No comments: